With the launch of the Bold Point’s Minimal Viable Product (MVP) scheduled for the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2021 and the first sale stage nearing, we want to ensure you have all the information you need to become a certified Bold Point warrior. As such, we have decided to make an in-depth item reveal to our community.
We all like to have unique and exclusive items. But, this often takes a long time to farm in classic games, and on marketplaces, things with a unique look or specific pattern and shape are always in high demand.
As you might know, all items within Bold Point will be NFTs, from gold and coal ores’ to swords (of which there are only six varieties if you choose for the one-handed ones). These items can be obtained through the games’ marketplace or by crafting and battling. In this article, you will be able to have a sneak pic of some items the team is working on.
The Item generator
Our team is creating a unique generator for such items based on the percentage chance of drop, with a Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) system under the hood. Here are some parameters to calculate:
- Item rarity (common to mythic, seven states)
- Sharpening (0–20)
- Degree of wear (from unusable to sparkling, 1–7 degrees)
- Body material (17 materials available now)
- Additional Materials
- Decoration/Inlay (skulls, stones, spikes, ice crystals, and more)
Depending on the circumstances of the generation event, there can be from 30 to 400+ builds of the same item, according to its type (weapon, armor, jewelry, etc.)
What does it mean for users?
For every new item, users get not only a unique weapon in terms of features but also a unique and distinctive appearance, for example:
- If you craft a sword from a specific material, you will not get additional materials. For example, if you create a Sword using Stone, you can only get a “Stone Sword.”
- If a shabby sword drops after a hard battle, it will be cracked, scuffed, and scratched.
- If a ring drops after fighting a raid boss, the decoration is a skull; you will get less damage from the undead wearing it;
- With an epic ax, you get three random modifiers besides the main characteristics, which is the inlaid beauty, e.g. (+3% crits +14 ice damage -22 physical attack)
Below, you can see some examples from our first NFT pack, which will be available in the upcoming MVP version of Bold Point:
1. Worn Epic Leather Cloak with Bone Thorn: Increases HP level. Three modifiers
2. Well-worn Rare Stone Necklace with Emerald: Higher Crit Chance. 2 modifiers.
3. Shiny Epic Metal Sword with Citrine Dead Stone: Less Damage from Undead. Three modifiers
4. Unworn Mythic Stone Earring with Poison Crystals: Additional Poison Resistance. 6 modifiers
5. Sharpened Ancient Golden Amulet with Astrolabe: Accelerated movement speed. five modifiers
From here onwards, we will detail all our NFTs and their features, from weapons to jewelry, cloaks, and any other items that might prepare our soldiers for war. So get ready, because this journey is just starting.
About Bold Point
Bold Point is an NFT-based role-playing game built exclusively on the Avalanche ecosystem that offers a fun and competitive experience.
The game is designed to build your character and level it up through battle, either against other players (PvP) or against the computer AI (PvE). It’s also possible to earn extra crypto when playing against other players (Gold PvP).
Bold Point aims to break adoption barriers and bring more players to the blockchain gaming space.
About YAY Games
YAY Games is a decentralized game publisher that aggregates a wide range of games focused on Play-2-earn, NFTs, and DeFi.
As the ultimate GameFi brand, YAY Games also works as an Incubator thanks to its Initial Game Offering (IGO) Platform “Zeus” — allowing top gaming projects to have access to the expertise, large community, and sophisticated game mining architecture.